Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bring Me The Horizon-Suicide Season



This album is completely different from Count Your Blessings. That is good and bad. The good thing is is that it shows that they have a broad range of music that they can play. The bad thing is is that I miss their old stuff. First of all, the difference that stood out the most to me is that there is less screaming compared to Count Your Blessings. Oliver does more of this yelling sort of thing that actually sounds pretty cool, as well as his trademark scream. Also another thing that they added is there's somewhat of an electronic sound in some of the songs like certain parts of "Chelsea Smile" and "Suicide Season". These two things give it more of a metalcore sound rather than their typical deathcore sound. I also think that they were more focused on the music of this album than Count Your Blessings mainly because they were tighter and more together along with using better equipment and choosing better sounding distortions on the guitars. I'm more impressed with Suicide Season because there is nothing else that I've heard that sounds even close to this. Because with Count Your Blessings, I could pick out other records that sounded like it. For some examples: Nocturnal by The Black Dahila Murder, The Truth by Bleeding Through, and Ills of Modern Man are similar to it. Only "Football Season is Over" reminded me of something and that is "This is Exile" by Whitechapel. Over all, i give this album a 9/10. I can't wait for Bring Me the Horizon's new release.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful site. I surely like the way you've set it up. I am going to make certain to pass on your web log to some superb friend of mine who I know will take pleasure in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually browsing online for ideas that can help me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I depend on spotted a site again again i really bring will recently taking a look at just don't forget the foregoing utilizing simple. Afterward you experience a many of helpful suggestions subsequent so that i savor try to your earth generally. Maintain your actual amazing vocation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I assumed your post was neat and will pay a visit to typically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total newbie Q, but you have to start somewhere... When investing in gold bullion, what is the main strategy that you have found successful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back in the future. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete