Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breaking Benjamin-Phobia



This is the most powerful and amazing release that Breaking Benjamin has come out with. Especially with the songs "The Diary Of Jane" and "Breath" both reaching #1 on the modern rock charts, this album proves to be their best yet. Out of all of Breaking Benjamin's albums, this is my personal favorite. It has a more angry and powerful sound compared to their other releases. Unlike We Are Not Alone with a more post-grunge sound with more screaming and higher pitched bass, Phobia has a more powerful and deep sound. Some of the sound is brought back from Saturate with some of the certain kinds and amounts of distortion used on the guitars. In Phobia, Ben Burnley put more time and creativity into his work. Like for example, the epic sounding intro of "Until The End" shows that he has been putting more into his songwriting. He also chose to use a fair amount of acoustic guitars like in "Here We Are" and "You". Probably the most interesting and unique song off this album would be "You Fight Me" with various computer generated effects. Especially in the intro with the synthesized drums and pianos. Phobia is without a doubt, the most amazing album to come out of Breaking Benjamin.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to be posting comments here but there's something bothering me...
    Are we living in a world of lies? We are bombarded by media lies. They even instilled nonsensical values and beliefs in us. I've learnt that the government has a lot of lies that are kept away from the public.

    WikiLeaks did shed some light and yet, the media tried to portray them as a "danger".

    I used to think the world is a peaceful and happy place to be. But that is a made-belief.
    Women don't like nice gentlemen at all. They like jerks.
    Women don't see gentlemen as a 'suitable husband', they view them as 'nerds'.

    The world is run by money. You and me may say that money is not the answer, but the others says otherwise.
    Majority wins over minorities and the voices of minorities are ignored.

    What a tragic world... we are selfish, we are arrogant, and we are ignorant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting points you have mentioned , thanks for posting . "You can tell the ideas of a nation by it's advertisements." by Douglas South Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thx again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon something truly interesting about your weblog so I saved to fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not rattling wonderful with English but I get hold this really easygoing to translate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This can be one particular of the most helpful blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Magnificent. I'm also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for posting .

    ReplyDelete