Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kataklysm-In the Arms of Devastation



This is the first album by Kataklysm that I ever listened to, and it is still my favorite. These guys are one of the kings of death metal. Inspiring many bands, they have come a long way. This is probably one of their most famous albums as well. Since I first listened to this, I have become a good fan of Kataklysm and I am longing to get my hands on their new 2010 album.


This album is one of their most progressive albums, really exploring new realms. The volume of everything is just right; nothing is too loud or too soft. They stuck with the really crunchy guitar sound, which is what their music sounds best with. The drummer did lack in creativity in this album, which disappointed me a bit because I know he is capable of doing more than what he did on this record. In songs like Open Scars, In Words of Desperation, and Let them Burn, the melodies and guitar parts are repetitive and grow boring at times.

The song Crippled and Broken is very delectable. The sound is thick, heavy and crunchy. The song is about how soldiers suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after serving time in military combat. The music video is very good too, uploaded in high quality. This album deserves a solid 16/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment