Thursday, July 29, 2010

Immortal-All Shall Fall

After 7 years of waiting, Immortal finally releases their new album. When I noticed on the Nuclear Blast website that Immortal had released a new album, I bought it as soon as I could and laid down to listen to it. This is one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had listening to music. Immortal has made an astonishing comeback. After the album was finished, I was so blown away I couldn’t sit up to restart the CD.

Immortal’s sound has changed dramatically. They’re not as driving, quick, or as aggressive as they used to be. They’ve slowed things down a bit, as well as being more melodic and complex in the song structures. This album reminds me of At the Heart of Winter, due to the melodic sound; the only difference is that All Shall Fall is a million times more creative. The quality is crystal clear, obviously because it was released under Nuclear Blast Records. The overall creativity and complexity of the album is nothing short of astonishing and mind blowing.

The first song of the album is the most recognizable. The title song is an amazing song that is filled with delicious guitar riffs and some if the fastest kick drumming I’ve ever heard. The Rise of Darkness I believe primarily focuses on drumming. Reidar really tries his best to put his drumming skills to the test. The one downside on that song is that the guitars are just a tad bit repetitive. Hordes to War is the fastest and heaviest song on the album. Norden on Fire is my favorite song on the album. The intro to the song is just flat out amazing. The way they blend perfectly from an ambient sounding guitar to a heavier, black metal is really something you don’t hear very often. Arctic Swarm is another heavier piece with its extreme tempos and aggressive guitar lines. Mont North is all about the snowy, icy landscape of northern Norway, and the music fits it perfectly. The beat, drumming, and guitar parts to Unearthly Kingdom are amazing; this is the perfect headbanging song. I would give this a perfect score. There is no stopping this band.

10 comments:

  1. Great Review! love the format, i will go out and buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard from a lot of people that Immortal has somewhat gone back to the true black metal sound, nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great album, i love your reviews man, keep it up, ill be checking in regularly

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this review, for the most part, it matches my views on the album, i love how you explain each song in detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I've bookmarked your blog just now and I'll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also nice colors on the layout it goes well with the blog in my humble opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. News stories, "This is such a BIG deal"............... I think I have been redacted.How to pay can be found on its website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop EVERYTHING you are doing if you are not using this plugin then you are really doing somthing wrong http://9oul.com/cbsurge dont worry its free you have nothing to loose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog on Ask Jeeves, a really good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great website...

    [...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your whole effort on this blog. Kim enjoys doing investigations and it's easy to see why. Most of us know all of the compelling tactic you provide very important things on this website and therefore strongly encourage response from other ones on this subject so my child is without a doubt becoming educated a whole lot. Enjoy the remaining portion of the year. You are doing a pretty cool job.

    ReplyDelete