Saturday, July 10, 2010

Deftones-Diamond Eyes

The long awaited release has finally arrived! When I heard that Deftones was releasing a new album, I HAD to get it! I am glad to say that I am greatly impressed by this new release. I am also very surprised by how different this album is from all of the others. This is a new kind of nu metal.

The Deftones official bassist is not featured on this album due to a car accident. An article on Wikipedia says “on November 4, 2008, bassist Cheng was seriously injured in a car accident in Santa Clara, California. As a result of the injuries sustained in the crash, Cheng has remained in a minimally conscious state since that time. Following the accident, Cheng's bandmates and mother, Jeanne, began using the Deftones blog to post updates on Cheng's condition. On December 9, 2008, it was announced that Chi had been moved into the care of an unnamed hospital that "specializes in the care and management of traumatic and non-trauma related brain injuries". Sergio Vega played the bass in this album.

The thing that surprised me the most about this album is that the vocalist sings! It’s not all yelling and screaming! I would like to say that his singing voice isn’t really that bad, I’m impressed. Deftones really got experimental on this album, trying to create a new realm of music. My favorite songs off the album are Diamond Eyes and CMND/CTRL. The overall sound of the album is less noisy, has cleaner distortions on the guitar; it’s something completely new. I would score this album 16/20.

23 comments:

  1. i like this review, it explains the album in good detail, but i honestly am not a fan of the album

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take pleasure in to you. A charge card made people apparent about this issue rather efficiently and i also like you will keep talking about this later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Initially Quite possibly to mention Cheers. You cash in on me personally distinct that i'm experiencing more at ease looking at this informative article here and now I've obviously to sort it out!! Genuinely be thankful. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly recognize along with you. A charge card crafted all of us crystal clear relating to this matter really with success and i also want you will preserve authoring this kind of later on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's now fully crystal clear that will people and everyone is visiting appreciate together with your advertisment and there's no approach to fail the idea if perhaps he knows tad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Initially I just want to state Appreciate it. You have made all of us straightforward and I am becoming more leisurely looking at this particular article here and now We have obviously about this!! Extremely have fun here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make take pleasure in together with you. You just designed us crystal clear regarding it subject matter incredibly correctly i wish you will continue covering this particular from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely value for you. A charge card designed individuals straightforward relating to this subject very correctly and so i need you will continue currently talking about that in future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure it’s definitely correct that that you're indicating in this article. I personally can’t but take pleasure in on you in this case and so i we imagine you may let us know more to do with that topic in the long term writing in this particular very good web site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly I've to suggest Cheers. You earn me sharp and i'm sense more at ease seeing this information here and now I've got no doubt concerning this!! Extremely be thankful. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Informative, pretty much as I had come to expect from this site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For starters thanks Google to redirect me in this great posting! I became really looking it up now I will be totally clear regarding it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, thanks for this brilliant quality article, I do believe you probably did bit mistake regarding it, Someone said about it in wiki as well as the idea given there's bit different than given here. Please have a look and that i wish you are going to edit the posting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. To begin with thanks Google to redirect me in this great posting! I was really looking it up and now I will be totally clear about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are experience very happy on a great theme. You merely helped me crystal clear over it and i actually love along in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  16. At present We have no doubt you will be seriously bright and also superb contributor! You merely forced me to very clear in regards to this matter meticulously. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It’s a legitimate great posting and that i really enjoyed it quite definitely. I must provide you with a 5 Start for this positing. Keep going…

    ReplyDelete
  18. Links...

    [...]Sites of interest we have a link to[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Outstanding story it is surely. My boss has been waiting for this tips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I have examine some of your publish below and discovered it helpful and it makes a whole lot of sense. Plus i really like your theme the following. Thumbs up! Preserve on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Right now We have without doubt you're truly sensible along with fantastic copy writer! You merely helped me clear about this niche thoroughly. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. To start with Among the best to mention Thanks. You get me straightforward and I am sensing more at ease reading this post here and now We've little doubt about it!! Really thankyou. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is awesome positing i can’t but offer you a huge Thanks. Stop us posited.

    ReplyDelete