Sunday, August 22, 2010

ReVamp-ReVamp

When After Forever disbanded in February, 2009, singer Floor Jansen claimed that she would take this opportunity and form a new band. She said in an interview that she wanted this band to have a sound that was more fitting to the lyrics she wrote, because she felt that in After Forever, quite a few of the songs (soundwise) didn’t fit the lyrics she had written. ReVamp has the keyboardist from After Forever, and a few other musicians that have worked with Floor in the past. Many reviewers have claimed that ReVamp sounds no different than After Forever, which isn’t really a good thing. Others have said that Floor’s voice isn’t nearly as good as before, and that the songs are not creative and that the overall sound is mediocre. But then again, there is the crowd (which includes me) that enjoys ReVamp very much.

ReVamp’s overall sound is much heavier and darker than After Forever. The Dutch band has really pushed symphonic metal into a whole new realm. It sounds like they have mixed in some metalcore in with their sound, causing the more technical sounding guitar parts and drumming, as well as the sound of the guitar distortion. Floor’s voice has changed quite a bit, being slightly deeper, and having more of an edgy sound. The bassist in my opinion is the best musician in the band. He plays most of the songs with a five string bass, but in an interview he said that he played a couple of the songs using a six string bass (not stating what the songs were). The member who does the growling is not very good at it. I feel he should practice and work on it more so that he can develop his own unique vocal sound (like every good metal vocalist does). The band isn’t quite as tight as After Forever was. I feel that the band was put together very fast and came out with an album too soon. It would have been better if they took more time in perfecting their songs and practicing more times, as well as more thoroughly.

In this review, I will only talk about the song that is split into three very different parts. Part one uses a lot of symphonic and orchestral instruments, as well as a piano playing in the background throughout the part. The song has a very heavy sound with an exquisite combination of melodic melodies and dark, crunchy bass lines. I also think that the pianist did a fabulous job on his part, having a very technical classical sound. Part two is fast, dark, angry, and mean. That is mostly due to the fact that it features legendary vocalist Bjorn “Speed” Strid from Soilwork. The song is very technical, very fast, and it has a thrash metal feeling during some parts of the song, and has melodic death sounds in it as well. I would have liked it if Floor had worked on being more in tune on her singing in part two. Part three is my favorite part of In Sickness ‘Till Death Do Us, as well as being my favorite song off of the album. Mainly because it has an awesome beat, and that it has one of the most beautiful choruses I’ve ever heard in symphonic metal. They were very creative in the solos, the chorus is beautiful, changing keys almost every time the chorus is played, the overall sound of the song is very catchy, and you can tell that the band put a lot of effort into this part of the song. This is an excellent debut release and deserves a solid 17/20.

44 comments:

  1. Searching for this for some time now - i guess luck is more advanced than search engines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a well written post.. Thnkx for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post but for some reason your blogs layout theme has a couple problems in the Avant v5.20 web browser. I simply wanted to tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is seriously interesting, keep creating good content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of website is actually fascinating, keep posting good info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This website is rather awesome, keep writing amazing content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This kind of blog is actually awesome, keep putting up great info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This particular website is pretty fascinating, keep writing awesome content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is seriously fascinating, keep putting up amazing material.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gotta say this weblog is seriously cool, keep putting up good info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This kind of weblog is really interesting, keep writing good material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sure, but make a link that goes to my site

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your put up is simply spectacular and i could think you're a professional in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to seize your RSS feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the rewarding work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying unsucessufly. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this great article. I am trying to read some more posts but I cant get your website to display properly in my Opera Browser. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw man. Are you looking for a Assisted Living Facilities?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really good post. I like your no bs posts they are the reason I keep coming back here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I simply depend on available a couple of blogs all over again so i have actually surely come reading bear in mind this particular in excess of a regular. Then you definitely have a good a ton of good data immediately after thus i indulge in you should search for regarding the internet if you are. Move forward the very extraordinary industry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! :D .pretty much the same page layout and design. I like the choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see something truly special in this website.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to read more of your articles in the future. thumbs up!.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book? I have a blog based on the same topic and would like to share some stories. I know my subscribers would enjoy your work. If you’re interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  23. y4IAmS Comments do help sites flourish, especially w

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have you ever think of creating an e-book? I have a wordpress blog based on the same idea and would like to share some information. I know my followers would enjoy your work. If you’re interested, feel free to send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey there! Someone in my facebook group shared this website with us so I came to have a look. I’m definitely enjoying the way you write. I’m book-marking! Great style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  26. In the awesome design of things you actually get a B- with regard to effort. Exactly where you actually misplaced me personally ended up being in the details. As as the maxim goes, the devil is in the details... And it couldn't be more correct in this article. Having said that, permit me reveal to you exactly what did work. The authoring is pretty engaging and this is most likely why I am taking the effort in order to opine. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Second, while I can easily notice a leaps in reasoning you come up with, I am not necessarily sure of how you appear to unite the points that make the conclusion. For now I shall yield to your position however wish in the future you actually link the dots much better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and individually suggest to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think this is interesting and do not see posted often. This is great information.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there, I usually don't comment but figured I would do it now. Plain and simple I like your site.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn something like this before. So good to seek out any person with some authentic ideas on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is something that is needed on the internet, somebody with slightly originality. useful job for bringing something new to the web!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I rarely comment but I figured I needed to do it now after visiting your site so frequently. We readers need to show appreciation! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The foregoing is truly a good summary relating to the gold ira.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I needed to thank you for this great learn!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you put up

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! :D .pretty much the same page layout and design. I like the choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey there! Someone in my twitter group shared this website with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the way you write. I’m book-marking! Excellent style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Did anyone else observe this valuable word press blog take forever to load?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey there! Someone in my twitter group shared this website with us so I came to have a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking! Fantastic style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Interesing article and Nice blog greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Do you fellas have a facebook web site, can anybody hyperlink me so I will be able to follow this excellent blog, I believe that any person hoping to control his or her finances should!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with some p.c. to force the message house a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete