Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I-Between Two Worlds

Apparently Abbath was bored with not having a band. So he teamed up with members from Enslaved, Sagh, and Gorgoroth to form a very unique band. I found out about this band from this guy on the internet who claims to be “the biggest black metal fan of all time”. I was intrigued by the name of this band; mainly because the entire name was just the letter I. The band hasn’t been very active. They’ve only played one concert, which was at the Hole in the Sky metal festival in Norway in august, 2006, the same month that they released their album. Since then, I has had no activity whatsoever. Abbath thought that this band would take off. But that same year, Immortal got back together, and that is probably the reason for the activity absence from I. But even though they haven’t done anything for over four years, there has never been anything said by the band that says they’re split up, or is even thinking about doing so. I have listened to this album plenty of times, and overall, it’s pretty damn good. There are a few things about the music that I would like to be different.

The band is very creative, tight, and uses a lot of influence from classic heavy metal bands. Abbath does his classic raw black metal vocal style with music that has a very old heavy metal sound. When I first heard this, it didn’t sound like something that would fit together very well. But when I heard the music, I was pleasantly surprised with how it sounded. It seems to have created more of a mainstream sound, somewhat similar to Soilwork, DevilDriver, and Nevermore. Their attempt at this has been somewhat of a failure. I do not think that they have done a very good job at being progressive, and unique. A lot of the songs sound similar, and a lot of the drumming and bass lines are repetitive and mediocre. All of the members having come from phenomenal bands, I honestly believe that they are capable of doing something much more amazing that Between Two Worlds. Besides the cons, the songs are catchy, they grab my attention, and the guitar solos are very delectable.

The Storm I Ride is strongly influenced by Motorhead and Queensryche. I can tell because of the faster beats and the way that the pitch of the vocals sounds with the down-tuned guitars. Also, the guitar solos remind me strongly of the style that the Queensryche guitarist plays. The title song has a very heavy, crunchy sound to it. Probably being influenced more by Nevermore and Black Sabbath, the title song has parts that sound very edgy, and some where the band isn’t very tight. Mountains has an ambient black sound during many parts of it, including the beginning, with the out of tune, slightly distorted guitar. The song also has too much of an Immortal sound to it. The reason why I think of this as a bad thing is that this isn’t Immortal! This is a different band that should have a different sound, because if it sounds similar to the band that the leader is also a part of, it shows a lack of creativity. But the album is still worth checking out. I think that if this band can’t get more progressive and technical, that they shouldn’t come out with a new album. This gets 13/20.

27 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which should do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Is it OK that I go a bit off topic? I am trying to view your domain on my Mac but it doesn't display properly, any suggestions? Thank you for the help I hope! Candice

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not sure haha, i'm not very good with Macs, but i do know that spirit of metal and metal blogs (including this site) was created (and displays best) on mozilla firefox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao, Mariah here. I fully trust what you said in the first section, however I can't say that I believe the whole post in general. Can you please tell me what research material you have used while writing this blog post (magazines, books, reports etc.)? Good looking internet site you've got here. Anyways I'm subscribing to your blog, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i usually don't do any research unless i want to get more information on the band on wikipedia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traffic Mayhem- hi. I discovered eye-popping website and I have to state that this amazing is a tremendous post. thank you really very much for this information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read about this topic on other sites too

    ReplyDelete
  9. You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be actually something which I believe I might by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely vast for me. I am taking a look ahead on your subsequent put up, I'll attempt to get the grasp of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really entertaining as we normally look at matters such as that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I merely surely have recognized your site back once again so that i will have surely been recently visual understand this particular for a recurrent. Then you definitely have a good a great tips adhering to then i have fun with try to this process computer definitely. Maintain on perfect sector!

    ReplyDelete
  12. u73I4O lybcdbtjbbrs, [url=http://iuwuppffrwvy.com/]iuwuppffrwvy[/url], [link=http://forjszgbrvta.com/]forjszgbrvta[/link], http://iibtuoccponx.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,I really like reading through your étude, I wanted to jot down a bit remark to assist you and also like basically excellent extension. Most the simplest for all your current running a blog concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. q4w4o9 opera browser is not working good on this theme

    ReplyDelete
  15. Highly interesting! I absolutely missed this. Awesome looking web site by the way! Possess a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Recommeneded websites...

    [...]Here are some of the sites we recommend for our visitors[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesing article Very nice greetings :)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As I website owner I conceive the subject material here is very wonderful, thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You, my friend, ROCK! I found exactly the information I already searched everywhere and just could not locate it. What an ideal web site.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep the faith, my Internet friend; You are a first-class writer and deserve to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice site you got here. Helped me out a bunch. I have a few questions though, is there anybody I could contact to answer them here?

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have all also been searching to get a supply of wholesale gold. Might someone have practical experience?

    ReplyDelete
  23. You were given an incredibly excellent web page, Sword lily I really detected it all by digg.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I especially like your last paragraph – and I did start a blog – two in fact – just a few months ago! I always write letters to my children at Christmas – sometimes more often, but at least once a year. They know their letters will be in their stockings! Probably wouldn’t do anything you said not to – just a little bit inhibited! But that’s just me. Congratulations on being freshly pressed!

    ReplyDelete