Monday, September 6, 2010

Nightrage-Wearing a Martyr's Crown

I’ve been listening to this band for many years now, so I think it’s about time I reviewed one of their albums. Nightrage has a very distinct, recognizable sound that I would know anywhere if I heard it. They have been known by some to be one of the better live metal bands. Unfortunately I haven’t had the pleasure of being present at one of their live performances yet. Their sound has progressed in many positive ways over the years, and they just keep getting better and better.

Their old sound had a very heavy, dark sound. There wasn’t much diversity in their music back then, but their vocalist really had hopes that someday the band would come out with an astonishing album, so he kept the band going. And now they’ve finally come out with something great. Now their sound is darker, but sometimes really soft and melodic, occasionally having parts with acoustic guitars and some singing here and there. The new lineup is perfect for the band. Antony claims that the musicians in the current lineup (unlike the previous ones) are actually dedicated musicians that really want to be a part of Nightrage’s sound. The one thing about this band that really bothers me is the vocalist. His vocals sound horrible, and I wouldn’t like this band if the music wasn’t so good. But for some people, me included, have gotten used to Antony’s vocal sounds. But they still bother me a little bit. I do think that their current drummer is holding them back. His drumming is a little too simple for Nightrage’s sound. Nightrage is also one of the fastest melodic death bands I’ve ever heard. Usually, melodic death bands (like Dark Tranquility, Cipher System, and Dark Lunacy) are much slower, to give their music a darker sound.

There aren’t any songs on this album that stand out to me enough for me to talk about. The music on this album is for you to find out for yourself. I would like to talk about the band and each member’s influences according to their official website. Marios Iliopoulos is the lead guitarist. The bands that influence his music are Iron Maiden, Metallica, Testament, Thin Lizzy, Death, Obituary, Pestilence, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Gales, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Xentrix, Sepultra, and Pantera. Antony’s main influences are At the Gates, Sepultra, Immortal, Slayer, W.A.S.P., Hypocrisy, Death, Testament, Dimension Zero, Motorhead, Stone, The Crown, Napalm Death, and Darkthrone. The bands that influence Olof’s guitar playing are Nightrage, At the Gates, Testament, Metallica, Pantera, Zakk Wylde, and Steve Vai. Jo Nunez’s drumming is influenced by Aborted, Arch Enemy, Avenged Sevenfold, Angra, Children of Bodom, DevilDriver, Dragonforce, Megadeth, Firewind, Wintersun, Pantera, Rage, Soilwork, Symphony X, and The Black Dahlia Murder. Their Bassist is influenced by Dead Can Dance, and Elend. Oh…..WOW! I’ve been listening to this album while writing this review, and I just came across a song that has a beautiful, amazing guitar solo! The song is Sting of Remorse. It’s an instrumental that starts out with a soft, ambient acoustic part that is just beautiful. Then, the other members kick in, and the guitarist breaks out in what I think is one of the best solos I’ve heard in a long time. I would recommend this album to all melodic death fans. 14/20.

44 comments:

  1. thanks for posting. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, nice blog...really like it and added to bookmarks. keep up with good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another greet post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sup, just found you through Bing. The site looks great and i'll be sure to come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traffic Mayhem- A definitely beneficial publish by you my friend. We have bookmarked this page and will occur back following several days to verify for any new posts that you just make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Rotterdam, the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey webmaster, thnxx for delivering such a info. I found it excellent. Best regards, ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently left a comment on the blog page and selected notify me upon latest commentary. There has to be a way to disable that online system? I'm getting a considerable amount of emails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Required to deliver that pretty small remark in buy to many thank you throughout all over again for these spectacular techniques you have provided during this submitting. Its so particularly generous with others as for those who to produce unreservedly what almost all of us could have marketed equally as an individual guide to earn some dough for themselves, primarily considering you may perhaps have made use of it in the event you ever before wished. The tactics also acted to be amazing way to comprehend that most people today have related desire equally as my own to have an understanding of significantly much more on this condition. Im there are a big number of easier opportunities at 1st in case you examine your website submit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, always fun to learn something new, tho I'm not sure I completely agree with the point and view. Nonetheless, great share :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciated this interesting post. Please keep them coming. Take Care !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the fantastic post on your website, this process gives me a look during this subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could possibly you pleasee deliver much more points about this subject?? BTW your web site is great. Have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a hamster wheel alright. Its based on slaveryon the notion of working you to death.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apply connected with correct anchor text might be essential that will acquire rank cost.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As being a Newbie, I am continuously seeking for articles and reviews which will help me . Appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello blogger, thank you for providing this important blog post.. I found it amazing. Regards, ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very informative article. Ive added it undoubtedly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you can name it anything that you want, though I reserve the right to publicly ridicule anything that sounds pro-Michigan, though that will obviously not be a problem for you Vico.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really a brilliant blog post. Thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Intimately, the article is in fact the greatest on this laudable field. I partially agree with each of your ideas and will eagerly look forward to your upcoming updates. Just saying many thanks will never just be sufficient, for the awesome clarity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss to stay informed of any updates. Good work and much success in your business endeavors. Thanks, .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well picked material, many thanks to the author. It really is incomprehensive if you ask me right now, however in general, the effectiveness and importance is overwhelming. Appreciate it and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ä° have found loads of sources accessible on this subject. It'd take ages to review all of it. you have brought it all up, so it's all accessible right here, in this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are actually so many resources out there about this. It would take yrs to review all of it. you have brought it all together, so that it is really all accessible right here, in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was refreshing. I wished I could analyze all post, but i have to get back to my job now... But I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cool article.. Thanks for discussing this info..

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really liked this wonderful document. Be sure to keep it up. Thanks a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  28. You'll find countless resources accessible about this. It could take years to study all of it. you've brought it all together, so that it is all accessible right here, in this web page.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is my first-time i take a look at this internet site. I uncovered a great number of important stuff inside your blog especially this discussion. From the many responses on your articles, I assume I'm not the only one getting all the fun right here!

    ReplyDelete
  30. hey, your page's theme is marvelous and loving it. Your writes are excellent. Make sure you keep up the good work. Best Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm pretty happy to discover this site. I want to say thank you for this brilliant read. If you possible could add Stumbleupon button to your blog, it just might help you to reach much more people over the internet. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  32. dMxcl2 xwdjlvuauiyi, [url=http://wiantkjtbsfi.com/]wiantkjtbsfi[/url], [link=http://xubqwbjiwmvh.com/]xubqwbjiwmvh[/link], http://twxbteynlkto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi blogger, many thanks for delivering this valuable stuff... I found it outstanding. Cheers, !!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright transparent concept

    ReplyDelete
  35. As being a Beginner, I'm regularly doing research for well written articles that could actually help me ... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would you please provide more details on this content??? BTW your site is spectacular. Greets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi, your webpage's pattern is perfect and loving it. Your posts are marvellous. Make sure you keep them coming. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I lately came across your weblog and have been studying along. I thought I would leave my initial comment. I dont know what to say except that I have loved reading. Fine weblog. I will maintain visiting this blog incredibly normally.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You had impressive guidelines there. I did a hunt about the issue and observed that very likely most people will agree with your weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looking for a graffiti t shirt? Should you be, take a look simply no further than the Case 2 Graffiti T-Shirt available at the Style Wars Restoration Project. Drawn by renowned graffiti artist Case 2 (sometimes called Kase 2), it really is an astonishing instance of his own trademark "Computer Rock Style" which motivated every era of graffiti writers following its conceiving in the early 1980's.

    ReplyDelete