Thursday, September 16, 2010

Linkin Park-A Thousand Suns

I’m surprised that this album is on spirit of metal because this album isn’t metal!! With “Minutes to Midnight”, they switched from an astonishing Nu Metal sound to more of a heavy rock sound. And in my review of that album I said that their sound had drifted away from the Linkin Park sound. But this?? A Thousand Suns has drifted so far from it that their original sound is way beyond the horizon. Even Chester Bennington himself said that he doesn’t fully like A Thousand Suns. And I don’t blame him for thinking that! I have been checking up on Linkin Parks spirit of metal page and I’ve noticed that ever since they released their new single (which is one out of only three songs I’ve heard from the new album), the amount of fans have gone down at a dramatic pace. The thing that I just can’t understand is that there are people out there that actually like this album!

Let’s talk about their new sound. They still have a guitarist and a bassist, but I can’t hear any guitar or bass in the music, unless they have been digitized and edited so much that you can’t even tell that they even have a guitarist or bassist. Another thing I would like to say is that in the good old days (the Hybrid Theory and Meteora days), Chester Bennington sang and screamed, and Mike Shinoda did the rapping and occasionally sang to add some harmonies to Chester’s vocals here and there. But now, they both just sing. And I will tell you this, THEY AREN’T GOOD AT IT! I bet that in the studio recordings, they just use a drum machine, and when they play live, they use an actual drummer, because only techno bands would make the drums sound that automated and digital. Basically what I’m saying is that all I can hear is keyboard and vocals.

Another thing that I would like to note is that I hear quite a bit of auto-tune in the vocals. Auto-tune is typically used when a singer can’t hit the right notes when he’s singing. The thing that I don’t like about auto-tune is that there isn’t a smooth transition between notes. On top of Linkin Park switching to techno, the worst thing is that they aren’t any good at it. Unlike some of the better techno bands like Daft Punk, Kraftwerk, and Blaqk Audio, their songs are repetitive, boring, and have too much of a mainstream sound. In music, I am an extremely open minded person. I want bands to change their sound every once in a while. But if they’re changing, and not getting better (or if their getting worse), that’s something that I strongly dislike. I’m a techno fan and love listening to it, but this thing that Linkin Park has done is horrible. It’s more of a techno/pop sound, which is something I don’t like. As you can see, I’ve given this album 1/20 on spirit of metal, but if I could I would give it an infinite negative numbered score. I miss Linkin Park.

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for this amazing post! I was actually wondering about this but my good friend Mr. Google helped me find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there :) I just wanted to comment your wonderful blog here & say that I really like your blog layout and the way you write too. You make blogging look easy lol. I currently blog too but im not nearly as good as you are. anyways nice writing, cya later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superior post on the blog man, I very like the look and additionally the feel of this specific weblog. You write unquestionably well, you need to be a aware guy. Will most definitely come back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traffic Mayhem- The content on this submit is really one particular of the most effective material that I've ever are available across. I love your submit, I'll are available back to examine for new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Your blog review here q3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good blog! I genuinely love how it is easy on my eyes as well as the information are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written post, good researched and useful for me in the future.I am so happy you took the time and effort to make this. Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats your theme ? Premium or free ? Its very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely written..I wish I could write as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi, excellent web blog, and a very good understand! one for my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post , thank you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a very great website, Glad I noticed it through yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy,I like digesting your étude, I need to to jot down somewhat opinion to allow for you and also hope that you' good quality continuation. Every one of the best for all any blogs efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really pleased to find this web site on bing, just what I was searching for :D likewise saved to favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maldencab.com Malden Massachusetts. Malden Taxi Malden Cab 781-334-8294

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool information, many thanks to your creator. It truly is baffling to me at the moment, but also in broad, the usefulness and significance will be difficult. Gratitude repeatedly and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to have a look. I’m definitely enjoying the way you write. I’m book-marking! Fantastic style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. that is good column I constantly take a look at. nice column along with useful critique. gratitude of the sending about Apparatus Call as an Internet Router.

    ReplyDelete