Thursday, May 29, 2014

Update

Not quite sure what this post is about. Probably just making notes so that I can forget them while I'm working on finals. Or just a rambling that's better fit for my G+ page than here but it's my blog anyway so why the hell not?

Went to one of the best shows ever a few nights ago; the tour featuring DevilDriver, Whitechapel, Revocation, Carnifex, Rivers of Nihil, and Fit for an Autopsy. I was surprised to see no local opener this time! Probably the biggest disappointment of the whole night was Fit for an Autopsy's new vocalist. Yeah, right before the tour started, something happened and they got a new vocalist. Their original vocalist is one of the best growlers I have ever heard and I was super pumped to see him live. I've noticed that he never stays in a band for more than two albums...and he's been in A LOT of bands. But other than that, they were pretty good. The new vocalist sucks.....either they'll get a new vocalist or the vocals will suck ass on the next album.

Revocation announced during their set that they're set to release a new album this fall....

Still awaiting the new album by my favorite band, Opeth...the album cover is beautiful by the way and reminds me of ELP's Pictures at an Exhibition.

Supposed to also be getting new albums soon (either this year or early next year, all of these bands are at least recording) from Suicide Silence, Vader, Cannibal Corpse, Disentomb (finally), Vale of Pnath, Abysmal Dawn, Arch Enemy, 1349, Goatwhore, Eluveitie, Den Sakaaldte, Equilibrium, Incantation, Gorgoroth (they've been relatively quiet about it lately), Sabaton, Wolves in the Throne Room, Septicflesh, Nile, Goregasm, Pathology (unless they've already released it), Gortuary, Devin Townsend Project, Strychnia, Veil of Maya, Belphegor, The Word Alive, and a few others...

I'm really glad Disentomb, Goregasm, and Gortuary managed to get out of the mess known as Brutal Bands records. What the fuck happened to that label? Devourment left, they signed on a ton of bands, then just sort of dropped off the face of the earth. I know it's run by one individual (Scott), so is he still alive? I never had issues with not getting my orders from them (him) because I was buying shit from Brutal Bands during the time period (no idea how long it lasted) where everything was super active over there; I would buy a shirt and get it before the week was over. But now there seems to be no activity. No one answers calls, no emails are replied to, no snail mail in their outbox, nothing! It's like he just vanished and left www.brutalbands.net behind without any word! I'm very disappointed because I loved this label and the music they released.

Edit 6/20/2014 i crossed off the new albums i now have in my collection

No comments:

Post a Comment