Monday, April 15, 2013

LTH: Monthly Black Metal Column

Salutations readers! For those of you that don't already know, I'm a writer for the new heavy metal webzine Louder Than Hell. Although I do write album reviews, I also have been conducting band interviews which have included Horseback, Gloryhammer, Dying Fetus, and most recently, the mighty Exhumed! As well as that, the awesome guys that run the site have given me the unique privilege of having my own monthly column. The column, titled "Within the Abyss", is about all things black metal. In each post, I may write about a specific era in black metal, a certain black metal subgenre, a particular country's black metal scene, or even a specific band in the genre. If you've been reading my reviews for awhile now, you will strongly recognize my writing style and my way of explaining shit. The first post in this series was just posted a couple days ago and can be read by clicking the link below (if the link does not work, you can simply copy the address and paste it into your browser's address bar):

http://louderthanhell.net/bands/united-states/column/news/2013/04/12/173657/within-the-abyss-black-metal-history/

On another note, as I mentioned before, I got to interview one of my favorite bands, Exhumed, last Saturday when they played with Psychonaut Deathtrip, Lord of War, Admirion, Rings of Saturn, Jungle Rot, and Suffocation. I will have that and a written report on the show with some photos up on Louder Than Hell very soon.

If you don't give a crap about what I have to say about black metal, you can click the Louder Than Hell link in the right-hand column under the "Partners in Crime" section to visit the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment