Saturday, October 9, 2010

Engel-Reina El Caos

I’m still not sure how I found out about Engel. I think I typed in “deathcore” in Google images and the album cover of this album came up in the results. Engel is one out of two known deathcore bands from Panama. The other one being Murder the Frail. I have no idea if there is any relation between the two bands. I’ve searched the internet far and wide looking for some kind of biography on Engel, but so far I’ve found nothing. This band has been around for about two to three years and has gone on one full European tour as an opening act for French deathcore band Eths. I’ve found this album quite delectable so I decided I’d review it, hoping to spread the word on this band.

My favorite thing about this album is that everything is over distorted to the point to where it sounds really cool. The vocals are very distorted, which gives them a unique sound that I’ve never heard before in a metal recording. I’ve heard something similar to this in some songs by Queens of the Stone Age. I think the drumming is creative and I can tell that the drummer uses a lot of different auxiliary percussion items. The bassist I believe could use to be a bit more creative with his lines, because his parts are a little too simple for the band’s music. Another thing about the vocalist, I’m guessing that he does inhales (which is not something that I usually like), but the extra distortion on the mike really gives it a sweet sound. The logo is also very well made for a super underground band like Engel. Also I would like to add that I don’t know what the band’s lyrical themes are because they speak Spanish, not English.

The “song” that is very intriguing to me is the intro “song” (it’s not really a song; it’s the intro track that has just talking). I’m wondering who the guy on the phone is talking to. Then, it leads into Culpable with a sick drum intro. The breakdowns in the song are very tight and interesting. The title song has one of my all time favorite breakdowns at the end that has a really unique time signature. There is something very weird about this album that I noticed just a few days ago. That if you take out all of the songs and just play the intro and the outro, the two songs blend into each other! I think that this was intentional. I love it when bands add odd twists like that to their music. Overall, this is one of my favorite deathcore bands of all time and most likely will stay that way for quite a while. 19/20

28 comments:

  1. Another Paris Hilton sex tape?! http://tiny.cc/jerseyshoreexposed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the best game of all times is Disney Sing It! ? High School Musical 3: Senior Year ,I am looking for more game likes this..any suggestions?. I have a Xbox 360 Consolas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey please keep reviewing more underground deathcore bands, you have good taste man,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously realize the 100 % free information that you market on your blog site. It's impressive and I can't wait to study much more!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that a lot of my German buddies from school are using your blog to improve their english skills? I am doing the same hehe So thanks for the good article! Lets hope I will pass my exams! The only critique I have is that I had quite some hard time finding your RSS Feed for subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. man please more more more of this stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very fond of your writing style, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised. You make some very good points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for this fantastic Blog post. Great subject to write about on my Blog. I might set a bookmark to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could need to replace a perl host on your own web host, Wordpress platforms is usually kinda slower.,Wi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Appreciate it for sharing Engel-Reina El Caos | Gabe's Blog with us keep update bro love your article about Engel-Reina El Caos | Gabe's Blog .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou for sharing Engel-Reina El Caos | Gabe's Blog with us keep update bro love your article about Engel-Reina El Caos | Gabe's Blog .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Because tr?§os formas acima verts?to para computer adolescentes any fazer dinheiro on-line. Muitos adolescentes perdem i seu " pulse " em drogas, ?§?élcool ourite outras coisas est?§2pidas. Eles tambem s'avrrre rrtre?e envolvidos them diversos offences. Ele s?§? vai destruir vidas. voc?§o usar your sua energia nas ?§?éreas positivas, ing?a voc?§o pode realizar grandes coisas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings from Sunny Brisbane. I've just started out using Wordpress and I can't get over how many fabulous themes and plugins there are for it. And if I want to know how to do something, there's lots of gret videos and support blogs. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing looking website. Recently i constructed mine and I was looking for some style suggestions and you gave me a handful of. May My partner and i ask an individual regardless of whether an individual created the site by youself?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome website...

    [...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this appears truly great do you thoughts if i share this?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am happy that I found this web blog, precisely the right information that I was searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them heart to eye . There is some validity but I will take hold judgement until I look into it further. Good clause, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner besides.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, i figured it was a great submit. Inside deducted I can make a note of very much the same it will Lectronic getting together with technique of effort to build fantastic article?- about the contrary just what exactly things is one to say?- I only wait a lot rather than inside be capable of head out experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make sure you definitely think about working on building this blog to a substantial guru during this industry. Anyone it seems that use a grab cope with from the subject areas most people is very much trying to find on this web-site regardless and you can now really also bring in money or maybe a couple of off from certain promotions. I will investigate following recent concerns and rearing the quality of publish federal express you determine in place and I guarantee you should start to see quite a few outstanding traffic inside the in close proximity to long term. Simply imagined, all the best during regardless of a person does!

    ReplyDelete
  23. "A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." ~ Stendhal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many thanks for this post. Probably once you get everything extra distinct you can put up it.With the expectation you a good week!

    ReplyDelete